Wednesday, May 26, 2010

LEMON AND ASPIRIN MASK

I am obsessed with my skin and skincare in general...I believe that it has taken me all my 34 years to really understand my skin and how to balance it with a routine custom to me...BUT I am always up for some new mask that I may hear about. The other morning I was watching The Dr. Oz Show (please go to bottom of post for my feelings about The Dr. Oz Show) and an audience member had an at-home Lemon and Aspirin mask recipe that I am in complete awe of. I have never heard of using aspirin on your face!! P.S. This woman had amaaaaazingly glowing skin!! So I wanted to share the recipe with you that I pulled off of the Dr. Oz Fan page.


ALL YOU NEED:
Lemon Juice
Non-coated Aspirin
Baking Soda

Doctor Oz said that this Flawless Skin Home Remedy is a great way to clear your complexion. The aspirin has salicylic acid which helps to remove acne and pimples since it is like a chemical peel. The lemon juice has vitamin C and helps minimize sun damage to your skin. Baking soda works great at the end to neutralize the salicylic acid.

1. Mash up 6-12 non-coated aspirins and combine with freshly squeeze lemon juice.
2. Let the aspirin dissolve until it turns into a paste.
3. Apply the mask to your skin and leave it on for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the face mask by dipping a cotton round in some baking soda and some water.

I did it for the first time last night and it had left my face feeling super clean and refreshed! I really don't get many breakouts (which I am so thankful for) but I feel FOR ME it can be a good weekly mask just as Dr. Oz said, it acts like a peel. For someone who is more prone to breakouts I would say use twice a week or so. I don't know for sure because I have only used it once, but I think it could potentially dry your skin out...so that is why I suggest minimal use. I also have to warn that if you have any little cuts or pimples on your face the lemon will remind you (owweee)! Otherwise I think it is a great at home mask and SUPER CHEAP!!



*******My feelings about The Dr. Oz Show (if you care)...
I like Dr. Oz, I think he has great information on food and health and I think overall he has nothing but good intentions. Sometimes I feel like his show should just be a 1/2 hour long with the information being told straight and to the point...INSTEAD he has these corny ass "games" that he does to teach people ( I often wonder who the hell makes them up...they are soooo bad)!! I am assuming that his audience is a mature one, it's not like he is teaching elementary school!!!...I don't know it just annoys the shit out of me...because if I am around I like to tune in but I just want the facts...I don't want to be spoken to like a 3rd grader!! Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment