Friday, March 12, 2010

PRETTY THINGS PEEPSHOW

On a unusually rainy Sunday night, my man and I were itching to go out. Now there is not much going on on Sunday nights in Albuquerque but we found a write up in the local paper for a show called Pretty Things Peepshow at the Launchpad. So why not? As we walked in (a few minutes late) Heather Holliday, a smoking hot petite doll, was swallowing swords. For real. Already I was so intrigued and excited...from there, it never stopped. The host, Donny Vomit, was brilliantly funny while commentating and jamming nails in his nose. Then there were the dancers, Bettina May and GoGo Amy, who were exhibiting the TRUE art of old school burlesque. Extremely talented and extremely beautiful. GoGo Amy is also a contortionist...who knew? The show is only a couple of years old and they tour throughout the year. I urge everyone to go out and see it when it comes to a town near you. You WILL NOT be disappointed. It's the best performance I have seen in a while...and I see a lot of stuff. I was truly impressed, such a real vaudevillian experience!!
Check for tour dates and you can also watch youtube footage...


Oh yeah, Heather also eats fire...

1 comment: