Monday, March 22, 2010

BLOOD STAINED LOVE

Ellis Faas, named after Dutch makeup artist/creator, is probably the coolest cosmetic company around. About a year ago I came across the line in some magazine featuring their red lipstick, Ellis Red. I was completely intrigued by the fact that it was based off of the shade of actual human blood. Upon further research I found out that the entire line was created to emulate all tones found in the human body...from the shade of your lips to the freckles on you face. Human colors. Brilliant. It is amazing to me that someone had not sooner thought of using all of our natural human tones as an inspiration for a makeup palette. The other incredible aspect of the company is the packaging. Each product is dispensed through a pen designed to look like a bullet. The line is really like nothing else that is out there. In the United States it is only available in NYC at Bergdorf Goodman but you can purchase online from the Ellis Faas website. I hope they soon distribute further (Sephora, maybe???) OR I get back east...maybe late spring. I seriously can't wait to get my hands on those products and those products on my face!


SIDENOTE...Check out Ellis Faas's bio...its really interesting and makes me love the line even more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment