Thursday, March 4, 2010

I NEVER WANTED TO BE YOUR WEEKEND LOVER...

I came across the Balmain 2010 Fall/Winter collection shown today in Paris and my heart immediately skipped! Ok...to start Purple Rain was on last week, so I went ahead and watched it for the millionth time and was just obsessing with Prince and the fashions and Prince...(you know what I mean)...then to see these looks just completely reminded me of the movie (and what has been going on in my head for the past 7 days)! It's that shade of purple, it's so utterly nostalgic for me. When I was a teen in the 80's I wanted everything I owned to be this shade of purple!! I remember I had this little round leathery purse that was this shade, a jacket, a comb, everything! I even wanted my bedroom this color but unfortunately I shared a room with my brother... so that was a no-go! Its just that certain shade, so purpuraceous and luscious, that really gets me going. Look at you violet...all mature now...Welcome back!




No comments:

Post a Comment